Department Profile :Training and Placements
Training & Placements Cell (T&P) is a critical part of any College.The T&P Cell of St Mary’s Guntur not only acts as a facilitator for training and placement but also works towards overall development of the students. It works under the guidance of the Head (Training ) and Head (Placement). It primarily works as a liaison between industry and institute. T&P Cell is well equipped with excellent infrastructure to support each and every stage of the placement processes.
The T&P has two broad set of activities.
The primary responsibility of the training department is to bring about a qualitative improvement in the skills of the student. The Department provides quality training in the areas of employability skills . The student is made to undergo soft skills and aptitude skills training in order to make them employable. Hands-on training is offered to the students both on the conventional as well as in advanced techniques. The Cell also provides career guidance to the students in the area of higher studies, foreign studies and competitive exams.
The Cell activities include:
- To increase the employability of students so that they come up to the expectations of the corporates.
- To constantly expose the students to the latest developments in the industry and conduct programs to keep up with the latest technology.
- Create awareness amongst the students towards employability skills.
- Design modules for soft skills and aptitude which can be helpful to for their career development..
- Implement the modules effectively.
- Evaluate , assess , analyze and give further guidance to the student.
About The Placements Cell:-
The primary responsibility of the placement department is to plan every individual’s career and placements. This department acts as interface between institute and companies and maintains symbiotic, vibrant and purposeful relationship with industries across the country as a part of the efforts to develop and strengthen the relationship with the corporate world. The institute has delineated long-term strategy to place students in prestigious organizations. The placement cell also attempts to keep the students informed about potential job opportunities and guide them from time-to-time. As a part of industrial interaction, students are exposed to the actual work environment of various industries. Hands-on training is offered to the students both on the conventional as well as in advanced techniques.
The Cell activities include:
- Maintaining database of corporates for campus recruitment
- Maintaining corporate relations with the various corporates by constantly interacting with them in various forum
- Notifying the students about job opportunities and campus selections
- Preparing a formal list of students of different disciplines with high merit
- Arranging campus/off campus drives for students
- Maintaining database of selected students
T&P Cell Members:
Himabindu Mamidipally – Head-Corporate Relations
Email ID:- email@example.com
Contact Number: – 9666065491
Trinath – Head-Training
Email ID:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Number: – 9399942940
St. Mary’s has the dedicated objective of placing all eligible and interested students graduating every year, through campus placements.
- Minimum eligibility to attend any placement drive is set as 65 % consistency from class X onwards and no live -backlogs. Each student has to submit and update their detailed profile & Statement of marks.
- Each student has to submit their Dream Job & Core Job company list before attending his/her first attempt on recruitment. After getting a placement, students can take up two more chances based on their statuses of Dream Job & Core Job.
- It is mandatory for all eligible students to attend campus selection drives as per the placement notices, till they get placed.
- Students not interested in placement have to give it in writing, explaining their other areas of interest, counter signed by parents.
- Placement Guidelines
- Placement Training
- Placement Statistics
- Contact Placement Cell
- Major Recruiters
TRAINING REPORT FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2017-18
The Training Department of St Mary’s Group has the onerous responsibility to enhance the skills of the students studying in this institution. The task is a mammoth one and has several challenges. This report puts forward the training activities undertaken by the Department.
The two aspects of Training are the Soft Skills and the Aptitude/Reasoning skills development.
The Aptitude and Reasoning sessions were scheduled for 3rd and 4th year students. Two sessions per section were planned for all the Departments.
The soft skills training was conducted in the workshop model where every department was assigned 3 days. The final year students were made to undergo a mock selection process which included the aptitude test, GD, HR and technical interview process. Their performance was recorded for future reference.
The total training imparted, department wise, is enclosed