21. STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
Creation of the Cell
A scholarship is an award of financial aid for a student to promote his or her education.
Scholarships are awarded based upon various criteria, which usually reflect the values and
purposes of the donor or founder of the award.
The Student Scholarship Committee has been established to serve the purpose of provide
information pertaining to the financial assistance to students for their higher studies. The
Committee aims high to give ample amount of help needed to the students through
government grants, trusts and foundations which provides various kinds of scholarships.
- To create awareness on welfare measures to the deserving students by the way of
- Create awareness programmes regarding the special needs of different sections at the
beginning of the academic session in the institution
- Taking steps to make education affordable and accessible to the meritorious and
economically disadvantaged students
- To coordinate with regulatory authorities, other bodies and JNTUK University for
forwarding the scholarship applications of the students
The faculty and students gives their choice for acting as coordinators in the Committee.
Based on the choices given, the Institute‟s Executive Council will select the coordinators from
each department and constitute the Committee.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The roles and responsibilities listed here are only indicative, but not exhaustive. The IQAC Team
reserves rights to Edit/ Append / Delete any part or all of these roles and responsibilities from time to
time and as required for compliance with the IQAC criteria]
- Gather and circulate information related to the process of application for different
sponsored scholarship schemes of State / Central Government, UGC, AICTE, etc.
- Circulate information and sending reminders to students on application procedures
and last dates for application submissions, etc.
- Gather and circulate information to students on different types of Private Scholarships
offered by local / regional trusts.
- Maintenance of records of scholarships applied by students in different categories.
- Pursuing for scholarship release with Government and private organizations.
- Regular reporting to the offices of Institutional authorities concerned.
- Maintain the records and file all the activities conducted and submit the same to the