STUDENT MENTORING AND COUNSELLING COMMITTEE(SMCC)
Creation of the Committee
The Student Mentoring and Counselling Committee aims to offer meaningful mentoring,
counselling and support to the students in their career development and professional
growth. The students must be adapting to the ever changing environment as fast as possible
and mentoring the students‟ aids in this process. Mentoring and counselling is a structured
approach to improve the performances of students. By respecting his/her own values,
choices and lifestyles; the faculty can work together with the students and play the role as an
enabler in making choices or changes that are appropriate for him/her.
- To identify specific needs of the student – academic, personal, career related and provide mentoring and counselling.
- To improve teacher-student relationship.
- To monitor the students regularity and discipline and advise accordingly.
- Counselling students for solving their problems and provide confidence to improve their quality of life.
- To assist students in independently monitoring their progress towards achieving their educational and career goals.
The faculty and students gives their choice for acting as coordinators in the Committee.
Based on the choices given, the Institute‟s Executive Council will select the coordinators from
each department and constitute the Committee.
Roles and Responsibilities
[The roles and responsibilities listed here are only indicative, but not exhaustive. The IQAC Team
reserves rights to Edit/ Append / Delete any part or all of these roles and responsibilities from time to
time and as required for compliance with the IQAC criteria]
- Prepare mentor-mentee groups as per the prescribed ratio.
- Prepare mentoring and counselling schedules and ensuring their conduct.
- Prepare counselling forms, collect the duly filled ones, and prepare counselling reports.
- Identification of slow learners, counsel and suggest techniques to minimize their weaknesses in learning and improve their performance.
- Preparation of counselling reports.
- Maintain the records and file all the activities conducted and submit the same to the IQAC Committee.