STUDENT ASSOCIATIONS COMMITTEE(SAC)
Creation of the Committee
The purpose of the Student Associations Committee is to provide leadership and assistance
in developing students programs. The primary function of the Committee is to plan,
organize, coordinate and monitor the implementation of student-related activities. The aim is
to provide a committed platform to conduct student‟s activities through leadership
development and quality programming.
- To enhance student learning and personality development by creating an educationally purposeful and disciplined platform.
- Develop student activities.
- To motivate the students to participate in various programs and activities for the development of their career, personality and organizational skills.
The faculty and students gives their choice for acting as coordinators in the Committee.
Based on the choices given, the Institute‟s Executive Council will select the coordinators from
each department and constitute the Committee.
Roles and Responsibilities:
[The roles and responsibilities listed here are only indicative, but not exhaustive. The IQAC Team
reserves rights to Edit/ Append / Delete any part or all of these roles and responsibilities from time to
time and as required for compliance with the IQAC criteria]
- Identify student volunteers for various Committees and events.
- Conduct orientation sessions on the roles and responsibilities of the selected volunteers.
- Identify the unique talents of students and encourage them to enhance.
- Monitor „Student clubs‟ activities in the campus.
- Plan for, and prepare feedback reports on professional activities, guest lectures, events and other activities.
- Encourage students to participate in various events in intra and inter-campus events.
- Maintain reports on students‟ participations and achievements at various events.
- Hold elections for the Students‟ Council (Class Representatives, Student Coordinators,etc.).
- Plan to obtain sponsorships and organise various Intra-mural competitions such as essay, quiz, elocution, debate, patriotic singing, Youth Festival / Jubilations and College Annual Day, etc.,
- Plan to capture the photographs/videos of all the events and maintain Digital Albums.
- Prepare College team/s for Inter-Collegiate/Institutional Cultural and Literary activities and to arrange personality development programmes, etc.
- Organise Welcome and Farewell functions for the incoming and outgoing students, respectively and store the photographs of students with the staff members.
- Maintain the records and file all the activities conducted and submit the same to the IQAC Committee.