STAFF WELFARE COMMITTEE (SWC)
Creation of the Committee
The Staff Welfare Committee (SWC) is formed to contribute to a greater success of the
Institutional community by promoting a positive and supportive work environment. As a
constituent organization, the Staff Welfare Committee shall operate for providing a forum for
open communication and ongoing dialogue among staff. The Staff Welfare Committee shall
be a consultative and deliberative body with authority to make recommendations on all
matters which have a significant bearing on the working environment across the Institute.
The faculty gives their choice for acting as coordinators in the staff welfare Committee. Based
on the choices given, the Institute‟s Executive Council will select the coordinators from each
department and constitute the Committee.
The objective of the Staff Welfare Committee (SWC) is to keenly listen, communicate and
recognize staff needs based on a foundation of the organization, faith, reason, service and
community. The Committee shall ensure that the staff are deeply connected to the range of
Institutional issues contributing to the success of organization while supporting and
enhancing the growth, welfare, and best interests of staff through productive leadership. The
Committee does so by promoting active participation, open dialogue, and collaboration
between staff, faculty and organization leadership.
Roles and Responsibilities
[The roles and responsibilities listed here are only indicative, but not exhaustive. The IQAC Team
reserves rights to Edit/ Append / Delete any part or all of these roles and responsibilities from time to
time and as required for compliance with the IQAC criteria]
- Ensure favorable working environment for all the staff members.
- Maintain high moral standards by looking after the needs of the staff
- Coordinate for benevolent facilities for the members of staff.
- Plan for general welfare activities for teaching and administrative staff.
- Build a healthy working environment and foster good relationship among the staff.
- Collect and compile databases of faculty and staff working in the campus.
- Provide opportunities for attending various workshops, seminars, symposiums, and conferences conducted by various institutions and agencies in and outside the locality /region/state.
- Plan and organize regular programs and activities for the Faculty Development Programs (FDPs) / Faculty Improvement Programmes (FIPs) and Staff (Administrative)Development Programs.
- Organise staff motivational / recreational activities such as, Felicitations, Picnics, etc.
- Ensure for the compliance to the guidelines issued by competent authorities of the state such as Council of Higher Education in matters related to Confirmation of services, Career Advancement, Pay Fixation etc. of the staff.
- Maintain the records and file all the activities conducted and submit the same to the IQAC Committee.