- 22. SC/ST CELL
Creation of the Cell
The SC / ST cell has been constituted in the campus in the year 2014 to resolve all the issues
and problems related to SC/ST students and faculty. The cell provides special inputs in the
areas where the students/faculty experience difficulties. The cell addresses academic and
non-academic issues and complaints of students from reserved categories. The cell also
strives to maintain an environment where all communities can participate in academic and
research activities without any sort of discrimination with respect to caste or creed. In order
to maintain such atmosphere, the SC/ST cell is responsible for sensitizing the campus
community about the importance of having diversity. The cell also aims to ensure that anti discrimination laws in the context of caste and creed are followed.
To circulate SC/ST commission‟s decisions and to collect information regarding course wise
admissions regularly, on an annual basis pertaining to candidates belonging to the scheduled
castes and scheduled tribes.
The faculty and students from SC/ST community gives their choice for acting as
coordinators in the Committee. Based on the choices given, the Institute‟s Executive Council
will select the coordinators from each department and constitute the Committee.
Roles and Responsibilities
[The roles and responsibilities listed here are only indicative, but not exhaustive. The IQAC Team
reserves rights to Edit/ Append / Delete any part or all of these roles and responsibilities from time to
time and as required for compliance with the IQAC criteria]
- Circulate GOI and SC/ST Commissions decisions and collect regularly on annual basis
information regarding course wise admissions to candidates belonging to the SC and
- Adopt measures to uplift the students belonging to SC/ST community at par with the
main stream student segment.
- Create a platform where students can refer their problems, regarding academic and
non- academic matters.
- Monitor the implementation of reservation policy in the institute.
- Analyze information on admission, education, training, and employment of SCs/STs
and prepare reports for onward transmission to the Ministry of Human Resource
Development / University Grants Commission.
- Function as a grievances redressal cell for the grievances of SC/ST students and
employees of the Institute and render them necessary support in solving their
academic as well as administrative hindrances.
- Effective implementation of Rule of Reservation for SC/ST Candidates in admission
process to various courses in the Institute.
- Effective implementation of the Orders/Circulars/Guidelines issued by the
Central/State/UGC in respect of Reservation.
- Administer and extend all possible education facilities like Hostel accommodation,
Scholarships and Stipend to SC/ST Students as applicable.
- Maintain and provide up-to-date information and statistics in reservation matters to
the Central/ State/ UGC authorities.
SMGG Committees: Draft-3
Page 46 of 79
- Organizing events such as Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Birthday Celebrations, Anniversary
- Arranging special coaching for SC/ST students to attempt and succeed in competitive
exams such as Civil Services (Prelims), Personality Development, Communication
- Counselling the students to help them overcome inferiority complex and encourage
their participation through personal grooming.
- Conduct societal consciousness activities for the betterment of students from SC /ST
- Maintain the records and file all the activities conducted and submit the same to the