RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT CELL (R&DC)
Creation of the Cell
The Cell is established to promote and facilitate Research as well as Consultancy in
Engineering, Pharmacy, and Management disciplines in the institution. The facility is to act
as a catalyst in creating Research and Development ambience and culture as integral part of
the functioning of each department and will be one of the chief drivers of future growth of
the Institute to shape itself as an institution of national importance.
- To promote research in the fields of Engineering, Pharmacy, and Management.
- To motivate faculty members and students for participation in Conferences, seminars, Training and Development programmes, Research Orientation sessions, etc.,
- To encourage the faculty members and students for presentation of their research work in conference/seminars.
The faculty and students gives their choice for acting as coordinators in the Committee.
Based on the choices given, the Institute‟s Executive Council will select the coordinators from
each department and constitute the Committee.
Roles and Responsibilities:
[The roles and responsibilities listed here are only indicative, but not exhaustive. The IQAC Team
reserves rights to Edit/ Append / Delete any part or all of these roles and responsibilities from time to
time and as required for compliance with the IQAC criteria]
- Disseminate information to the eligible faculty/students on different notifications for admission into PhD programmes.
- Schedule and organize workshops, seminars and tutorials in the campus for the research knowledge enrichment of faculty members and students in particular.
- Collection and circulation of information on National, International Conferences, Paper presentations, and all types of students‟ events, by displaying the information on departmental and institutional notice boards.
- Gather information on faculty paper presentations, publications and conferences attended.
- Identify the research topics that may be helpful for the students to do Project work.
- Display information relevant to students through notice board from time to time.
- Organize research activities for the staff and students of the college.
- Assist the departments in organizing research Seminars.
- Take up major / minor research projects at the Institute.
- Plan and implement methods to raise funds for research activities of the Institute.
- Suggest steps for effective utilization of institutional resources for extension services.
- Conduct activities during the year in the sphere of extension and Institutional Social responsibility.
- Promote Research Culture in the Institution.
- Maintain the records and file all the activities conducted and submit the same to the IQAC Committee.