PURCHASE AND GENERAL MAINTENANCE COMMITTEE (PGMC)
Creation of the Committee
This Committee is responsible for developing and implementing strategies for the effective
maintenance of the institute‟s infrastructure and other related facilitates. The Committee
ensures that the buildings, infrastructure, and other maintenance requirements are satisfied.
Identification and planning of preventative maintenance needs is also an important one.
- To ensure proper maintenance of physical property and facilities in the campus.
- To perform regular and general preventive maintenance.
- To draft strategic plans for repairs/replacement of equipment.
- To ensure regular check up of the conditions of infrastructure and other facilities.
The faculty and students gives their choice for acting as coordinators in the Committee.
Based on the choices given, the Institute‟s Executive Council will select the coordinators from
each department and constitute the Committee.
Roles and Responsibilities
[The roles and responsibilities listed here are only indicative, but not exhaustive. The IQAC Team
reserves rights to Edit/ Append / Delete any part or all of these roles and responsibilities from time to
time and as required for compliance with the IQAC criteria]
- Develop a plan to respond quickly and appropriately to maintenance emergencies and to co-ordinate maintenance work with the staff concerned.
- Regularly review the condition of the campus building, ground, utilities and other infrastructure to ensure their adequacy.
- Bringing to the notice of authority on any irregularities in the infrastructure and facilities and to ensure cleanliness and ambience inside the campus.
- Preparation and circulation of schedules of fee payment among all the stakeholders.
- Obtaining and verification of quotations for the purchase of stationary, equipment, and other furniture.
- Submission of purchase requirements to ensure that expenses incurred have budgetary provision.
- Scrutinise the indents put forth by the Depts./ Labs /Committees and various sections of the Institute from time to time.
- Supervise the process of finding out suppliers, inviting quotations, preparation of comparative statements, placing of orders, and settlement of bills by following relevantrules.
- Fix the responsibility on erroneous payments, orders and issue warnings to improper suppliers.
- Suggest measures for the safety, development and maintenance of age old Institutional buildings and infrastructure.
- Ensure optimal use of the Institutional resources, get defective gadgets repaired.
- Suggest measures to dispose of outdated, obsolete, and unusable equipment in the institute.
- Plan to share the utilization of Institutional resources such as AV systems, LCD, Copier Machines, Laptops etc.
- Ensure Computerisation / Automation of Library and overall Administration /Technology up gradation.
- Maintain the records and file all the activities conducted and submit the same to the IQAC Committee.