Creation of the Committee
The Committee reviews the requests for books/journals/other resources submitted by
various departments and recommends its procurement to the Management. The Committee
also reviews the findings of annual audit process of the library and makes recommendations
for the safety of books and journals. The Committee shall implement procedures to
encourage students and staff for optimal utilization of the literary content available in the
- To enrich Library collection and improve its usage.
- To purchase the books and magazines periodically to fulfill the requirements of University and AICTE.
- To maintain documentations of books, journals, magazines, newspapers, CD‟s and other library materials.
- To formulate policies and procedures for efficient use of Library resources.
- To prepare budget and proposals for the development of Library.
- To solve the issues and problems related to library, raised by the students and staff members.
The faculty and students gives their choice for acting as coordinators in the Library
Committee. Based on the choices given, the Institute‟s Executive Council will select the
coordinators from each department in consultation with librarian selects the Committee
Roles and Responsibilities
[The roles and responsibilities listed here are only indicative, but not exhaustive. The IQAC Team
reserves rights to Edit/ Append / Delete any part or all of these roles and responsibilities from time to
time and as required for compliance with the IQAC criteria]
- Review of library activities on a monthly basis.
- Identification of requirement of books for the current academic year.
- Seeking quotations from the publishers and identifying alternative measures to browse popular volumes through online databases.
- Placing orders for books and journals.
- Subscription and Maintenance of Journals by prompt membership / subscription fee payment.
- Preparation of monthly reports on the usage of literary content available in the Library.
- Submit the annual report on the functioning of the library.
- Maintenance of accession and other relevant registers.
- Provide plans for library audit.
- Maintenance of updated records to provide information on stock of the existing, newly added and total number of books.
- Introduce bar coding system to each book available in the library.
- Ensure for the digitalization of library with National and International online journals.
- Arrange talks for students to motivate them and cultivate reading habits.
- Organise book week / festival, book displays on special occasions.
- Ensure that library issue/ return of books are maintained through software.
- Facilitate the services of National Digital Library [an initiative by Ministry of HRD].
- Acquire books for the book bank and make them available to the deserving students[SC/ST].
- Ensure that a Suggestion Box is arranged in the Library and the reader‟s grievances are attended to and measures suggested are implemented at the earliest.
- Maintain the records and file all the activities conducted and submit the same to the IQAC Committee.