3. GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
Creation of the Committee
As an element of constant endeavour to ensure transparency in all the activities at different
stages, the Institute shall provide proper mechanism to students and staff for redressal of
their grievances. This Committee will deal with all the grievances raised and are common
problems at Institute level pertaining to both Academics and Administration. The aggrieved
member shall submit his/her petition to the Grievance Redressal Committee in a sealed
envelope marked „Confidential‟. On receipt of such petitions, the Grievance Redressal
Committee will endeavour to send its recommendation to the Principal / Director /
Disciplinary Authority for further action(s). In case of false and frivolous complaint (if
proved), the Grievance Redressal Committee will recommend Principal/ Disciplinary
Authority to take appropriate action against the complainant. Complaints dropped in the
‘Suggestion Box’ by students, staff, and parents and oral complaints are also redressed. All
complaints are scrutinized by the Committee appointed by the management and/or the
grievance redressal cell.
To develop an organisational framework to resolve grievances of students and other
stakeholders and to provide them an access to immediate, hassle free recourse to have
their Grievances redressed.
The Chairperson for this Committee will be appointed by the Executive Council of the
Institute and all other members will be nominated by the Chairperson of this Committee.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The roles and responsibilities listed here are only indicative, but not exhaustive. The IQAC Team
reserves rights to Edit/ Append / Delete any part or all of these roles and responsibilities from time to
time and as required for compliance with the IQAC criteria]
- Formulate the policy to investigate and review the cause(s) of complaint(s) or
grievance(s) of students and staff, and suggest redressal measures within the
framework of Institute / University / Government rules.
- Create awareness on availability of members for students and staff to report on their
- Ensuring effectual solution depending upon the gravity of the complaint.
- Instruct the HODs concerned to attend to the grievances and refer / report the
matters to the Principal / Director / Grievance Redressal Authority .
- Attend to Students‟ grievances related to Examination(s) and recommend for the
implementation of suitable redressal mechanisms and minimize the grievances.
- Maintain records of the Grievances reported, redressed / referred and submit the
same to the IQAC Committee on a periodical basis.