ENTERPRENUERSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL (EDC)
Creation of the Cell
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) started in the year 2014 with the aim to
develop and strengthen entrepreneurial qualities in the budding professionals who are
interested in starting their own ventures. The purpose of the cell is to identify, inculcate,
nurture, prepare, and transform the student as an entrepreneur i.e. from a „Job seeker‟ to a
„Job Creator”. The EDC also assists all the aspirants with mentoring, planning and execution
of their start up idea into a real business. Aspiring engineering entrepreneurs are groomed
with the necessary inputs on how to be a successful entrepreneur through workshops and
seminars by eminent people from the industry.
- To foster better linkages between the Institution, Industries and R&D institutions in the region and other related organizations engaged in promoting Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) including NGOs and other voluntary organisations.
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services that includes providing information to budding student entrepreneurs.
- To conduct Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps (EAC) and Entrepreneurship Development Programs (EDP).
- To liaison with various external agencies and Institutions like CII, T-HUB, DRDL and others.
- Conduct training programs in the field of entrepreneurial skill development with an aim to:
o Offer deep connections of the global entrepreneur eco system.
o Provide orientation on start-up policies of the Government.
o Organize skill development workshops to train enthusiastic students to start their own enterprises.
o Providing primary and ballooning stage entrepreneurs with intent based, timebound and constructive mentor.
The faculty and students gives their choice for acting as coordinators in the Committee.
Based on the choices given, the Institute‟s Executive Council will select the coordinators from
each department and constitute the Committee.
Roles and Responsibilities
[The roles and responsibilities listed here are only indicative, but not exhaustive. The IQAC Team
reserves rights to Edit/ Append / Delete any part or all of these roles and responsibilities from time to
time and as required for compliance with the IQAC criteria]
- Identify the student having inclination towards becoming entrepreneur.
- Conduct individual counselling to the students with the help of professional mentors to identify the characteristics and zeal of the student who have a potential to become an entrepreneur.
- Host workshops in association with reputed organizations for prospective entrepreneurs as well as exclusively for girl students.
- Offer a course work on „Basics of Entrepreneurship‟ to unearthing, shaping, developing and directing efforts and ideas to achieve the goals they desire.
- Uncover the prospective entrepreneurs‟ business ideas through competitions.
- Plan visiting industrial fair and start-up companies to gain practical exposure and bring in confidence among the students.
- Facilitate meeting with venture capitalist to prospective entrepreneurs.
- Make functional MoUs with industries and training organizations.
- Provide assistance to start-ups and information pertaining to the State and Central government schemes
- Promoting business ideas through interaction with industry incubation centres.
- Maintain the records and file all the activities conducted and submit the same to the IQAC Committee.