Creation of the Committee
Students of the institution are expected to abide the rules and regulations, show courtesy and
consideration at all times and to respect persons, and property. The Student Discipline
Committee is formed for the maintenance of discipline in the institution. The Committee will
make sure that students obey rules and remain orderly and peaceful in pursuant of
educational objectives in the institution. If students are found guilty of misconduct, the
disciplinary Committee has the right to impose sanctions ranging from prohibition to
suspension or expulsion.
- To advise on policies and procedures relating to student discipline.
- To have an optimistic approach in imparting discipline among students.
- To frame rules and regulations to maintain discipline in the college premises.
- To encourage superior and strong disciplinary practices.
- To help students develop self-discipline.
- To recommend and initiate actions against students involved in indiscipline activities.
The faculty and students gives their choice for acting as coordinators in the Committee. Based on the choices given, the Institute‟s Executive Council will select the coordinators from each department and constitute the Committee.
Roles and Responsibilities:
[The roles and responsibilities listed here are only indicative, but not exhaustive. The IQAC Team
reserves rights to Edit/ Append / Delete any part or all of these roles and responsibilities from time to
time and as required for compliance with the IQAC criteria]
- Prepare and circulate student discipline guidelines / code of conduct, on a regular basis.
- Monitoring student dress code for ensuring uniformity and maintenance of general discipline.
- Preparation of reports on cases of indiscipline.
- Implementation of disciplinary actions.
- Redressal of discipline related grievances.
- Maintain the records and file all the activities conducted and submit the same to the IQAC Committee.